Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hoola-hoop fun and games



One afternoon a couple of weeks ago play began to degenerate into what might we bash with sticks and I wasn't prepared to sacrifice ANYTHING in our garden to THAT sort of behaviour, was I?
One of those moments when I sometimes feel as though I'm grasping at straws - and then I came up with...such high tech equipment as...hoola hoops! You heard it here first!
All we did was space out about 5 of them on the lawn and presto! we had a fabulous playtime of firstly running from one to the next, kind of hopping, then spacing them wider apart to make it more tricky, then making them in a wiggly line for variation, then jumping between them and they were off - so much so that we then needed some reminders about waiting for each other and taking turns - so enthusiastically did they take to this kind of fun - and I tell you - Phoebe certainly got to bed early and slept long that night!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment