Monday, August 30, 2010

:: a home among the gum trees ::

always wanted a circular driveway!
a semi-yurt-shaped home up on poles

view from the West
this is for the folks back home - to give you an idea of where we are...

...and what popped in my mind was the jaunty sounds of the theme music for the telly programme "Burke's Backyard"!
"...Give me a home among the gum trees
With lots of plum trees, a sheep or two, a kangaroo.
A clothesline out the back, verandah out the front
And an old rocking chair..."


I remember being riveted in the nineties - this was definitely one of my "must-watch' bits of telly back then...I even used to buy the mag!! Does anyone else know what I'm on about? here's a refresher - although this is the original song...


Burkes Back Yard - Home Among The Gumtrees Theme Song


Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! I feel more creative just looking at the photos. A bit of a commute though..:)

    ReplyDelete